- The Australian Curriculum is a national curriculum for all primary and secondary schools in Australia under progressive development, review, and implementation. The curriculum is developed and reviewed by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority, an independent statutory body. The grades 11 and 12 come under the senior secondary section of the Australian education system.
- How many years is the program?
- It is a two-year program consisting of grades 11 and 12.
- What age groups and years is it for
The typical age group of students in grades 11 and 12 is 16-18.
- Which subjects are offered?
The core subjects are given below. All of these have 3 to 4 subgroups.
- Modern Sciences
- Humanities and social sciences
- Health and Physical Education
- What is the grading system and how are the students assessed?
The grading system ranges from A to F with A being the highest and F stands for fail. The grades and their percentage ranges may differ from state to state but more often scoring below 25% in a subject, results in failing the subject.
This grading system is used for semester (term) end exams, besides this, students receive a High School Certificate (HSC) after passing years 11 and 12. Each student’s HSC performance is ranked with a score from 1 (highest) to 25 (lowest), depending on subject combination and results. Students are assessed by means of oral and written examination, homework and practical assignments.
- Key features and highlights of the curriculum
Four general capabilities – literacy, numeracy, critical thinking and intercultural understanding are deeply tested. Students receive a High School Certificate (HSC) after passing years 11 and 12 to pursue further education.
- How do we help students?
Uplift academy offers talented and trained online tutors that help troubleshoot the students’ difficulties effortlessly while also focusing on the core elements along with subject groups for their final exams.
The Online Live Tuition & Coaching Classes at Uplift are conducted by expert tuition teachers who are highly experienced & trained to handle kids with utmost attention.
During these private online tuitions for Australian Curriculum, teachers not only explain the concept but also provide an array of practice tests, conduct oral quizzes and provide guidance in solving past papers. With their extensive expertise and training, our teachers provide unique and personalized resources, assistance with school homework and extra tasks as well.
- Useful links to other websites and blogs