IGCSE (Grades 4/5)
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is an academic qualification and the international form of the GCSE set of exams. It is recognised and offered in many countries like India, United States, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
It focuses more on practical knowledge and develops students’ critical thinking and problem- solving skills.
- How many years is the program?
- The grades 4-5 come under the Cambridge International Primary Program which further leads to the secondary program with the IGCSE exams at the end.
- What age groups and years is it for?
The typical age group of 4th and 5th grader IGCSE students is 9 -11 years
- Which subjects are offered?
The 4 core subjects are –
- Computer Science
- What is the grading system and how are the students assessed?
- At the end of Year 2 all children are required to take national tests. Schools try to make these like an ordinary class test, rather than an important exam. This is to avoid putting young children under any unnecessary stress.
Teachers use written, oral, coursework and practical assessment in order to determine a student’s progress.
- Key features and highlights of the curriculum
IGCSE focuses more on practical and application-based learning and develops students’ oral, written communication and problem-solving skills. It is known for its high level of academic standards and competitiveness.
The curriculum is well balanced and flexible as it allows students to choose from over 70 courses in their secondary education allowing them to choose their desired subjects and score better.
An important aspect of IGCSE is that it is recognised globally hence it helps students if they want to pursue their higher education or work in a foreign country.
- How do we help students?
Uplift academy offers result focused, online tuition by teachers who have the relevant experience and expertise in International and Indian curriculums. During these online IGCSE courses, teachers not only explain the concept but also provide an array of practice tests, conduct oral quizzes and provide guidance in solving past papers.
With IGCSE courses online, your child will have the instructor’s undivided attention, and can work at a pace that is appropriate for his or her needs.
Our talented and trained online tutors help troubleshoot the students’ difficulties effortlessly while also focusing on the core IGCSE subjects along with other preferred topics for their final exams.
With their extensive expertise and training, our teachers provide unique and personalized resources, assistance with school homework and extra tasks as well. We recognize that all learners do not learn the same way or have the same strengths, so we use pedagogy which is customised to the child’s strengths and learning style. Our aim is to conduct sessions for online education which are interactive and engaging.
- Useful links to other websites and blogs