The Indian School Certificate (ISC) is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, a private board of secondary education in India at the 10+2 level or 12th grade.
- How many years is the program?
It is a two-year program consisting of 11th and 12th grade.
- What age groups and years is it for
The typical age group of 11th and 12th grade students is 15-17.
- Which subjects are offered?
Students are given a wide range of subject choices to pick from. Subjects are offered in an array of combinations, based on the stream of education picked by the student. They can choose a combination of up to 5 subjects for external assessment.
Some of the subjects offered are as follows:
- English (Compulsory)
- A second language
- Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc)
- Commerce subjects (Accounting, Economics etc)
- Social Sciences (History, Geography etc)
- Designing and Management
- Arts and Music
- What is the grading system and how are the students assessed?
- ICSE grading system follows two types of assessment patterns – Internal & External.
For External assessment, the grading system ranges from 1 to 9 with 1 being the highest and 9 being the lowest a student can achieve. Pass certificates will be awarded to those candidates who write for six subjects and attain pass marks in at least five subjects.
1 & 2
3, 4 & 5
6 & 7
8 & 9
- Internal assessments on the other hand are assessed based on grades attained in Socially Useful Productive Work and Community Service. The grades are assigned from Grade A to Grade E respectively where A stands for Very Good and E stands for Fail.
- Key features and highlights of the curriculum
The board focuses on a student’s overall growth, providing a balanced curriculum to all it’s learners. The curriculum is flexible as the students get to choose their own subjects which helps them score better and excel in their field of interest. The board is known to have a somewhat higher academic standard when compared to CBSE or regional boards.
- How do we help students?
Our online classroom spans across the globe. At Uplift we make e-tuition accessible. All our online tuition plans are personalized to our students enrolled with us. We are an international tuition agency.
We at Uplift academy offer result focused, online tuition by teachers who have the experience and expertise in International and Indian curriculums. During these ICSE tuitions online, teachers not only explain the concept but also provide an array of practice tests, conduct oral quizzes and provide guidance in solving past papers.
Our one to one online tutoring sessions help students of all ages excel further academically by placing learning at the center of their strategies.
The talented and trained online tutors help troubleshoot the students’ difficulties effortlessly while also focusing on the core subjects for their final exams. With their extensive expertise and training, our teachers provide unique and personalized resources, assistance with school homework and extra tasks as well.
We recognize that all learners do not learn the same way or have the same strengths, so we use pedagogy which is customised to the child’s strengths and learning style. Our aim is to conduct sessions for online education which are interactive and engaging.
Useful links to other websites and blogs