ICSE (Grades 6 - 10)
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is an examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), a private board of secondary education in India. It is a class 10 board examination which is equivalent to the CBSE as well as regional or state secondary education board examinations.
- How many years is the program?
It is a 5-year program from grade 6 to 10 wherein the ICSE Secondary Board exam takes place at the end of 10th grade.
- What age groups and years is it for
The typical age group of ICSE students belonging to grades 6 to 10 is 10-16.
- Which subjects are offered?
The core subjects offered for grades 6 to 10 are
- Social sciences
Out of these English is a compulsory subject, throughout the child’s education until 12th grade.
- What is the grading system and how are the students assessed?
ICSE grading system follows two types of assessment patterns – Internal & External.
For External assessment, the grading system ranges from 1 to 9 with 1 being the highest and 9 being the lowest a student can achieve. Pass certificates will be awarded to those candidates who write for six subjects and attain pass marks in at least five subjects.
1 & 2
3, 4 & 5
6 & 7
8 & 9
Internal assessments on the other hand are assessed based on grades attained in Socially Useful Productive Work and Community Service. The grades are assigned from Grade A to Grade E respectively where A stands for Very Good and E stands for Fail.
- Key features and highlights of the curriculum
The board focuses on a student’s overall growth, providing a balanced syllabus to all it’s learners. The board is known to have a somewhat higher academic standard when compared to CBSE or regional boards.
The ICSE curriculum is well-structured, comprehensive and aims to build analytical skills and practical knowledge of its students. ICSE Board is known for its vast syllabus, and students must give importance to all the subjects. The board focuses on a detailed study of each subject which helps students to have the flexibility of selecting specific subjects in higher classes.
- How do we help students? (as in how Uplift helps students)
- Our online classroom spans across the globe. At Uplift we make e-tuition All our online tuition plans are personalized to our students enrolled with us. We are an international tuition agency.
- We at Uplift academy offer result focused, online tuition by teachers who have the experience and expertise in International and Indian curriculums. During these ICSE tuitions online, teachers not only explain the concept but also provide an array of practice tests, conduct oral quizzes and provide guidance in solving past papers.
Our one to one online tutoring sessions help students of all ages excel further academically by placing learning at the center of their strategies.
- The talented and trained online tutors help troubleshoot the students’ difficulties effortlessly while also focusing on the core subjects for their final exams. With their extensive expertise and training, our teachers provide unique and personalized resources, assistance with school homework and extra tasks as well.
We recognize that all learners do not learn the same way or have the same strengths, so we use pedagogy which is customised to the child’s strengths and learning style. Our aim is to conduct sessions for online education which are interactive and engaging.
- Useful links to other websites and blogs