CBSE (Grades 11/12)
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education in India. It is a curriculum designed and managed by the Union Government of India.
The curriculum is best known for its all-inclusive syllabus and well framed exam pattern that helps students understand the curriculum better. All schools affiliated to CBSE follow the NCERT curriculum.
- How many years is the programme?
CBSE grade 11 and 12 is a 2-year programme with exams after each year and a final board exam for class 12 students.
- What age groups and years is it for
CBSE 11 and 12 students are typically 17-18 years old.
- Which subjects are offered?
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
The syllabus is prepared after due diligence and as per the CBSE curriculum. It is prepared subject-wise and is divided into units and chapters in each unit.
What is the grading system and how are the students assessed?
CBSE generally follows two types of assessment pattern – Formative assessment and Summative assessment.
Formative Assessment (FA) is used by the teacher to constantly monitor a student’s progress in a supportive environment. It involves the teacher to provide regular feedback in a descriptive way and gives students a chance to reflect on the performance and improve upon it.
Summative Assessment (SA) is carried out at the end of a course of learning. It measures how much a student has learned from the course undertaken. It is usually a graded test and students are evaluated on the basis of marks according to a scale or set of grades.
At the end of 12th grade a final exam is conducted by the CBSE board which is evaluated and graded externally by the board. A prime advantage of the CBSE curriculum is that most of competitive exams in India are based on the NCERT syllabus so it gives students an edge over those studying state boards.
- Key features and highlights of the curriculum
The CBSE syllabus is tailored to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners.
The syllabus is broken down into bite size pieces for students to process. The students also get multiple opportunities through activities etc to prove themselves and score points and this way they get more opportunities to pull up their scores every year. Students can also do projects, vivas etc which require different skills to score better overall.
- How do we help students? (as in how Uplift helps students)
- Trying to find tutors online? Look nowhere else!
Uplift academy offers result focused, online tuition by teachers who have the relevant experience and expertise in International and Indian curriculums. Our Tutors go through a general training program to understand the standards, core values, methodology of online classes and also go through continuous orientation programs to understand individual student requirements
- With these coaching classes online for CBSE, teachers not only explain the concept but also provide mock tests, schedule oral quizzes and provide guidance in solving past papers. During online tutoring, your child will have the instructor’s undivided attention and will be able to ask and get immediate answers to all their queries.
- With their extensive expertise and training, our teachers provide unique and personalized resources, assistance with homework and extra tasks as well. We recognize that all learners do not learn the same way or have the same strengths, so we use pedagogy which is customised to the child’s strengths and learning style.
- Useful links to other websites and blogs